The school has a nurse’s station that operates daily between 9am and 6pm from Monday to Friday.
The school nurse identifies, cares for and refers situations of sudden illness or accidents and/or trauma. Providing the first necessary care and making the medical or hospital referral when the situation justifies it. The nurse always works in conjunction with parents and guardians.
The main objectives are to:
- provide the first point of care to the school population;
- prevent illness in the school community;
- promote a safe and healthy school environment;
- strengthen protective factors related to healthy lifestyles;
- conduct training whenever necessary to promote school health;
- provide support and clarification on health issues, with a view to prevention and treatment;
- collaborate in maintaining the health of the entire school community.