Responsibility for Processing the Personal Data (Data Controller):
St. Peter’s International School (also referred as “the School”)
Address: Quinta dos Barreleiros, Volta da Pedra
2950-201 Palmela, Portugal
Tel. +351 212 336 990
Data Protection Officer (DPO): dados.pessoais@stpeters.
St. Peter’s International School is part of INSPIRED EDUCATION HOLDINGS LIMITED (“Inspired Education Group”), which is a company registered in England with number 09268120 and base at Sixth Floor, 3 Burlington Gardens, London, W1S 3EP, United Kingdom. INSPIRED operates numerous affiliated schools globally through its regional offices in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
This policy is drafted in accordance with the Portuguese Data Protection Law nº. 58/2019 from the 8th of August and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of April 27, 2016, regarding the individual protection on the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR).
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at the address firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about the processing of your personal data.
2. Types of Personal Data we Process
We process personal data from our students and their families and / or legal representative and also from our employees, candidates, suppliers, contractors, prospective customers and third parties interested in finding out more about St. Peter’s International School within the systems controlled by the school as Data Controller.
he personal data processed are mainly the following:
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact details;
- Nationality and location.
- Family details;
- Safeguarding information (such as court orders and professional involvement)
- Education and employment data;
- Images, audio and video recordings, including CCTV footage (video images);
- Financial information;
- Educational centres previously attended.
We may have the need to process other types of data, in line with the purposes of the college and to follow legal requirements, related to the state of health, criminal records and other information related to an individual, such as:
- Information about health status or provision of health care linked to a specific individual;
- Behavioural information;
- Special educational needs
- Criminal records linked to a specific individual;
- Biometric information;
- Sexual condition.
3. How we Collect and Process Personal Data
St. Peter’s International School collects information in several ways, including:
- In person and by phone contact.
- Through our website, including information received through our cookies;
- From email and hand delivery paper documentation including job applications, letters and consent forms;
- Through online tools, such as apps, educational platforms and other software used by our staff;
- Through any CCTV cameras located at our facilities.
- Through third parties, such as legal representatives or authorities working with the individual;
4. Purposes for Which we Process Personal Data
St. Peter’s International School processes personal data to legally carry out the school’s educational activity. The school collects and keeps students and parents’ information when necessary and to comply with legal obligations as well as to:
- Attend your enquiry properly;
- Ensure that the student meets the school’s admission criteria;
- Provide educational services including the support of pupil learning, monitor and report on pupil progress;
- Provide to the students wellbeing, uniform, medical and nurse attention, catering service among other necessary services;
- Manage Summer Camps services;
- Meet the educational, social, physical and emotional requirements of the student;
- Enable parents/guardians to be contacted in the case of emergency or in the case of school closure, or to inform parents of their child’s educational progress or about school events, etc.
- With the aim to celebrate school’s achievements and to keep a record of the stay of the student in our school, St. Peter’s International School may take photographs and recorded images to be shared in, e.g., yearbooks, school website, etc, always based on informed consent from parents, legal representative or students of legal age; If consented, such images can be also shared in Inspired Education Group’s social media too.
- Send commercial communications if previously authorised by you. You will be able to unsubscribe from the receipt of commercial communications by clicking in the “unsubscribe” section found in all these kinds of e-mails sent by the school.
If you want to send us your CV through the section “Careers”, you will have to create an account to make use of the employment platform and to send us your employment application. Your information will be shared with Inspired Education Group as the owner of the platform Global Careers Site in the terms exposed at: https://careers.inspirededu.com/data-privacy-statement and incorporated in the files owned by St. Peter’s International School. Our Human Resources department will process your data with the purpose to include your candidacy in our selection processes.
5. With whom do we Share your Personal Data?
When necessary to provide the services, or for compliance with a legal requirement, we must share your personal data with third parties such as service providers and / or public authorities, such as the Education authority and other official entities.
Personal data may also be communicated to other of schools within Inspired Education Group, when necessary (for example, a language exchange with other school), which may use them for the same purposes already mentioned.
We may also communicate personal data to other third parties, in circumstances other than the above referred, if there is the consent of the parents or legal guardian or, where appropriate, of the student over legal age.
Your personal data shall be neither rented nor sold to third parties.
6. International Transfer of Data
In the event that, for legitimate reasons such as student exchange programs, or in the execution of the educational contract (which could include the use of computer tools and platforms offered from outside the EEA), personal data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including countries that may offer a lower level of data protection than in the EEA. In such cases, we will implement the necessary measures to ensure adequate protection of your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection regulations. Likewise, in the event of such transfers, the parents / legal guardian or the student over 13 years of age will be clearly and correctly informed.
7. Conservation of Data
Personal information will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. It may be kept for a longer time for public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes. Once the personal information is no longer required or permitted to be retained for legal or business purposes, it will be destroyed or anonymised.
8. Your Rights
Under the Portuguese Law no. 58/2019 and the EU GDPR, you have rights regarding the processing of your personal data. These rights are, however, subject to certain exemptions and limitations.
You have the right to:
- Be informed, at the time when personal data is collected, about the data processing.
- Access the information we process and how we process it as well as to obtain a copy of the personal data considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Ask for the erasing of the personal data we hold about you without undue delay considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain the rectification of your personal data providing a supplementary statement;
- Obtain restriction of processing of your personal data when it is inaccurate, illegal, unnecessary or not verified, considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain data portability of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This allows the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data has been provided;
- Oppose to processing for direct marketing purposes.
- Withdraw consent at any time and freely to the processing of your personal data. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Therefore, individuals will be able to exercise their rights by sending a specific written request, along with a copy of their ID card, to the Data Protection Officer’s email address email@example.com.
You have the right and possibility to withdraw your consent for any specific purpose granted at any given time without prejudice of the legality of processing according to the consent given before withdrawal.
We will not collect and process, under any concept, data from individuals under 13. Consent from parents or legal representatives will be always required.
11. Storing and Securing Information
The school shall use the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and privacy of the personal data, preventing from unauthorised access or unlawful processing as well as accidental loss, destruction or damage of the files.
12. Common Use with Social Networks and Platforms
This website contains links to parent’s portal and other useful links in addition to social networks like Instagram, YouTube, LinkdIn and Facebook. Our School is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. You should be aware that the processing of your personal information is carried out by those sites and governed by their respective privacy policies.
If you do not want these sites to collect and process your information, please review their corresponding privacy policies and / or disconnect from it before using our Services.
13. Cookies Used in Our Website
The Web server is allowed to remember some data concerning the user, such as his preferences for visiting the pages of this server, name and password, products that are more interesting, etc.
The Cookies that we use in our website and that require informed consent by the user are the functional cookies and the targeting cookies. Consent is not required for essential or required cookies, which are those of a technical nature necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user.
You can get more information about the cookies we used by visiting our website cookies policy.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or you would like to discuss anything regarding this privacy notice, or you believe we are processing your personal data disregarding the data protection regulations in force, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can address your complaint to the Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados (‘National Commission for the Protection of Data’, (also known as ‘CNPD’) based at Av. D. Carlos I, 134 – 1.º, 1200-651 Lisboa, phone number +351 21 392 84 00, website https://www.cnpd.pt/cidadaos/direitos/ with the email address email@example.com although the Authority recommends that steps are taken to resolve the matter with the school before involving the CNPD.
15. Privacy Notice Updates
St. Peter’s International School may need to update this privacy notice periodically, so we recommend that you review this information from time to time.
This version was last updated in May 2023.