Visita de Estudo à Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
As part of the annual activity plan of the subjects History A, History B and History of Culture and Arts, the Department of Social Sciences and the Arts Department organised a school trip which will took place on Monday, 2nd October. The students from 10A studying the Economics course and 11C studying Languages and Humanities, together with Arts students from classes 10D, 11A, 11B, 12A and the IB were invited to participate in the trip to the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation. It should be noted that during this visit there were two main activities related to the students’ course, namely:
History A and History B Group:
- 'Look, See and Interpret' visit;
- 'From Versailles to the Impressionists' visit.
History of Culture and Arts Group:
- 'Film in Sculpture' visit;
- 'View and Interpret' visit.
The aims of this trip were to:
• see evidence of past times;
• interpret artistic objects;
• raising awareness of the importance of the interpretation of artistic objects;
• witness the daily life of the absolutist courts;
• see baroque and rococo styles;
• understand art and history;
• provide educational experiences within curricular programs.
Click here to view the photographs.
Back to Website